Terms & Conditions
Medical Women Association of South Africa (Hereinafter referred to as MWASA)
- Acceptance and usageThese conditions become effective when you access the site for the first time and constitute a binding agreement between us (MWASA) and yourself, which will always prevail. The current version of these conditions will govern our respective rights and obligations each time you access this site. MWASA offers services such as consultation, knowledge share and various others.Your use of this website is subject to the terms and conditions as set out herein, including, but not limited to the documents that are referred to in some of the clauses.
You should read the terms and conditions carefully before you access any website or participate in any chatroom, newsgroup, knowledge sharing, bulletin board, mailing list, transaction or other on-line forum of MWASA.
By using this website, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by and comply with them.
When you subscribe for the services offer by MWASA, you will be issued with a user name and password. Your registration number with the different medical associations will be your key to using the site, or any of the services such as knowledge share, consultation, electronic data services or any other services. By using the user name and password to access the service and/or by using the service, you will be signifying your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use, which will form a binding agreement between you and MWASA.
- Interpretation of this Agreement
- “effective date” – means the date on which MWASA activates your subscription to the service;
- “fees”- Any consultation services entered into by a member will be free of charge to the member. All services and data on the website is to be used free of charge. This clause is entered into without prejudice to MWASA’s right to charge fees on discretion for any other service or agreement entered into.
- “service(s)” – means any service offered by MWASA or its business partners, any service described in these terms and conditions, consultations services, knowledge sharing, and any other service that you may subscribe to or which may form part of MWASA’s offering from time to time;
- Nature of information on the siteAll information on this site is only intended to provide you with general information about MWASA, their clients, their members, their business partners, their products, services and objectives. Nothing on this site should be treated as an offer but merely as an invitation to do business with us.
- Electronic communicationsWhen you visit the MWASA website and during that visit complete a web form to request information or when you send an e-mail to MWASA, and do not explicitly request a non-electronic communication medium, you consent to receiving communications from MWASA electronically and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by MWASA satisfy any legal requirements, including, but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be “in writing”.
- Consultation servicesIn the event that a consultation agreement is entered into, the member authorises MWASA to act on his/her behalf and to act on behalf of the member’s best interests. Any consultation serves will be entered into by the member by clicking on a “Consult Me” button. No other data usage or use of the website is deemed to be a consultation service and is free of charge as is any consultation. In the event that a member enters into a consultation contract, the member will be supplied with working papers as well as an opinion and conclusion expressed by MWASA, which will serve as evidence of the service rendered.Once the service has been delivered and the member has given consent as to the opinion expressed by MWASA, MWASA will represent the member at the chosen company. MWASA will not recover any expenses from the represented member but will be paid a fee from the applicable company. The nature of the fee will constitute a referral fee, as negotiated in the market.
- Limited License to General Users:
- The MWASA Website and the content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of MWASA.
- The license does not allow the User to collect product or service listings, descriptions or other information displayed here.
- MWASA grants to the User, subject to the further terms of these Terms and Conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, use, download and otherwise copy the current and future Content for personal, non-commercial and information purposes only.
- The User may not frame nor use framing technologies to enclose the Website or the Content nor any part thereof without the consent of MWASA
- MWASA does not offer products or services to minors. If you are under the age of 18, you may not respond to or otherwise accept or act upon any offers in the Website.
- MWASA, their affiliates or subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit Content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion.
- Any unauthorised use terminates this agreement.
- Using search technologyThe use of search technology, such as “web-crawlers” or “web-spiders”, to search and gain information from this website is not permitted if such technology will result in slowing down this website or infringe the intellectual property rights of MWASA.
- Knowledge shareKnowledge share is an information sharing tool embedded in the website, where all health care professionals can share and search for information. The feature allows for a doctor to express his/her opinion on matters and doctors that choose to comment thereon or use it, do so at their own risk. MWASA, MWASA employees, MWASA shareholders or MWASA members will not be held liable for any losses incurred due to the use of the knowledge share feature, as this does not constitute the opinion of MWASA, but that of the individual posting the comment.The User is may only use this function for legitimate purposes and warrants that he/she shall not use the Website to transmit material or content which is in violation of any law or regulation, which is obscene, intimidating, racist, menacing, offensive, insulting, in breach of an duty of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property rights, or otherwise objectionable or unlawful.
Furthermore, other than for individual and non-commercial use, the user may not print copies of extracts from the knowledge share function, and other than for personal and non- commercial use, “mirror” or cache any of the Content of Website on a server, or re-use the text or graphics obtained from the website, without the prior written permission of MWASA.
It should also be stated that the knowledge share will be strictly monitored for any distasteful topics, or content as set out above, or comments as set out above, and will be removed by the administrator without warning. Members can report any such occurrences on the website.
- Information feedsWe may use the services of other organisations to provide information on the site. We have no control over this information and make no representations or warranties of any nature as to its accuracy, appropriateness or correctness. You agree that such information is provided “as is” and we will not be directly or indirectly liable for any damages that may arise from your reliance on it. Please refer to the disclaimer as well.
- Linked third party sites and third party informationThis site may contain links to other websites with information and material produced by other parties. While we try to provide links only to reputable websites, we cannot accept responsibility or liability for the information provided on other websites. A link from our site to any other website does not mean that we have scrutinized or endorsed the owners or administrators of the websites or their business or security practices and operations.All third party information regarding products advertised or listed (example EDI products, PMA products or pharmaceuticals) on the website was obtained from the owner/supplier of the product and MWASA will not be held liable for any errors in data communicated by the legal owner. MWASA will always strive to displaying accurate and correct data.
MWASA does not constitute the accuracy of the claims made by the owners of the product but merely serves as a communication portal. Any such errors are to be taken up with the owner of the product.
- SoftwareThe user needs to maintain hardware and software of sufficient performance ability on the Website. Your failure to use advanced browsers may cause some or all of the functionality of the site not to operate properly.No warranty is given that any files, applications, or functions available on the site are free of viruses, Trojans, bombs, or other data errors.
- The law governing our relationshipThe conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of South Africa without reference to any conflict of law provisions.
Last modified 3 December 2013